Random Acts of Kindness Day!
In 1995, Random Acts of Kindness Day was born with hopes to inspire and encourage individuals, groups, and organizations to participate in acts of kindness. Celebrated globally on February 17th each year, it offers an opportunity to be intentional and mindful with kindness.
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE IN RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS DAY
- Pay for the coffee or meal of the person in front of you in line.
- Leave a kind note for someone, without explanation.
- Be a friend to a lonely neighbour.
- Use your skills to help someone. For example, offer creative writing, moving, mentorship, ect.
- Offer to make a vegan meal for someone and share in the kindness to animals.
- Pick up trash in your community parks and beaches.
- Donate to your local food pantry.
- Read with a child.
- Hold the door.
- Send a thank-you note to someone who has helped your life in some way.
- Volunteer with an animal rescue/sanctuary.
For more kindness ideas at school, home and work please check out the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation at https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/