Vegan Berry French Toast Recipe
This Vegan French Toast made with Earth Island Vegan Egg Powder will actually blow your mind. Topped with Tofutti Better than Ricotta Cheese, Bumble Bloom Honey, and berries, it’s perfect for an amazing homemade breakfast.
Add some Field Roast Smoked Apple & Sage Sausages on the side for a savoury twist and you’re ready to brunch!
Ingredients You'll need:
Bready Mix Keto Sandwich Bread
1 ⅓ cups warm water
¼ cup Earth Island Vegan Egg Powder
1 cup Pacific Foods Barista Coconut Milk
1 ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 tsp ground Cinnamon
½ tsp All Spice
2 tablespoons neutral tasting oil
Tofutti Better than Ricotta Cheese
Raspberries or Fruit of your liking
Bumble Bloom Vegan Honey
Field Roast Smoked Apple & Sage Sausages
1. Prepare for the french toast by baking one loaf of Bready Mix Keto Sandwich Bread (we recommend you make the bread at least a day in advance).
Mix: Combine the Bready Mix with 1 1/3 Cups (320 ml) of warm water in a large bowl. Mix with a mixer at medium or thoroughly by hand for 7-8 mins. Once complete, dough should come out smooth and firm.
Rest: Place dough in a non-stick loaf pan or a parchment lined baking container of approx. 9x4x3’’ size. Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rest and rise in a warm place at room temperature for 60 mins. Dough should double in size.
Bake: Preheat oven to 350° F. Once preheated use your fingers to moisten top of dough with water. Bake it for 25-35 mins until the top is brown and crusty. Remove it from oven. Stick a clean knife into center of loaf. If knife comes out clean: It’s Bready To Go! Take the loaf out of pan and let cool down on a wire rack. After bread has cooled, cut into slices.
2. Combine Vegan Egg, Pacific Barista Coconut Milk, Cinnamon, All Spice, Vanilla, salt, and neutral oil of choice.
3. Heat leftover oil in a skillet to medium heat. Soak slices of bread in Vegan Egg Mixture and fry in the pan until lightly brown on each side.
4. Slice Field Roast Apple & Sage Sausages and fry until brown on each side.
5. Top with Tofutti Ricotta, fruit of choice, and Bumble Bloom vegan honey. Enjoy!